Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Can someone tell me why?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Can someone tell me why?

    "Knick" errr [richard] Bavetta is still calling games? He's 102 years old, and is worse for trying to stand out than Ted Valentine can in big games on TV. He's being investigated about due to the possible gambling issues on games as well if I am not mistaken.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  2. #2
    Inactive Member jtw61194's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 20th, 2006
    Posts
    873
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Can someone tell me why?

    I would have to say that by pulling him, it would be considered a validation of Donaghy's accusations. The last thing the NBA wants during the finals is more scrutiny of this scandal. On the flip side, I wonder what would happen if the allegations proved true. It would really throw the losing team into a frenzy, in my opinion.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Can someone tell me why?

    Very true. I could careless about Donaghy's accusations, but the fact that he is way beyond his years to be calling games at that level. Props to a man his age giving it a go, but it seems like he is slow getting into position even though he appears to be trying to hustle, and then showcases himself when he makes a call.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •